HISER SEEDS 2022 WHEAT SEED
L-434 – This variety offers an attractive look in the field along with an excellent disease resistance package. Yields and test weight are excellent.
H-75 – A high test weight variety that features Scab resistance along with a tolerance to other common diseases.
- Very early maturity
- Excellent scab tolerance
- Excellent standability
|Head Type||Tip Awned|
|Plant Height (inches)||38|
|Straw Strength||Very Good|
- Fhb1 Scab resistant
- Excellent standability and easy harvest
- Bright golden straw
|Plant Height (inches)||35|
We recommend planting more than one Variety of Wheat, and follow these guidelines for a successful Wheat crop:
- Start with High Quality Seed from Hiser Seeds!
- Apply 20-30 lbs. of Nitrogen at planting
- Plant from 1.2 to 1.6 million seeds per acre
- Plant from ¾ to 1.5 inches deep
- Plant within 10 days after the Hessian Fly Free date for your county
- Apply fungicides, insecticides when needed and control weeds
- Apply Nitrogen in the spring
We continue to plant all our Wheat in 15” rows and have been very pleased with the results. If you are thinking about 15” wheat we can help you with Variety selection and seeding rates.
Barley & Cereal Rye
We will have Barley and Cereal Rye available this fall, but our supply will be limited so please call us with your order as early as you can. Spelt and Triticale will also be available.
2311 Mile Tree Rd. Clarksburg, OH 43115
Tom Ramsey 740-253-1551 – Greg Ramsey 740-253-2876