HISER SEEDS 2017 WHEAT SEED
The 2018 growing season presented many challenges, but years like this can demonstrate the difference between average and great varieties.
L-214 continues to be a top yielding variety as it has been since we started raising it. It performed well in 2018 despite the wet growing conditions and the potential for head scab.
Sunburst continues to be a strong variety with unbeatable test weight. It continues to exceed expectations year after year.
- Excellent Test Weight
- Certified Seed Variety
- Excellent Winter Hardiness
- Good Scab & Leaf Stripe Rust Resistance
|Plant Height (inches)||37|
- Excellent tolerance to current strains of stripe rust
- Metribuzin (Sencor) tolerance
- Outstanding tolerance to head scab and powdery mildew
- Great standability and easy harvest
|Head Type||Tip Awned|
|Plant Height (inches)||35|
We recommend planting more than one Variety of Wheat, and follow these guidelines for a successful Wheat crop:
- Start with High Quality Seed from Hiser Seeds!
- Apply 20-30 lbs. of Nitrogen at planting
- Plant from 1.2 to 1.6 million seeds per acre
- Plant from ¾ to 1.5 inches deep
- Plant within 10 days after the Hessian Fly Free date for your county
- Apply fungicides, insecticides when needed and control weeds
- Apply Nitrogen in the spring
We continue to plant all our Wheat in 15” rows and have been very pleased with the results. If you are thinking about 15” wheat we can help you with Variety selection and seeding rates.
Barley & Cereal Rye
We will have Barley and Cereal Rye available this fall, but our supply will be limited so please call us with your order as early as you can. Spelt will also be available.
2311 Mile Tree Rd. Clarksburg, OH 43115
Tom Ramsey 740-253-1551 – Greg Ramsey 740-253-2876